Saturday, June 21, 2008

So Close

Well, Ryan's team lost both Championship games last night. They were both heartbreakers. The first game they lost 29-25 in 9 innings. To put that in perspective, most of the games were 3-5 innings. They really don't have too many 9 inning games in tee-ball, especially when it's 80+ degrees and humid. What was frustrating about this game is that with the score 24-24 in the 8th inning, and the winning run on third and two outs, one of the players hit the ball, and it sure looked like he was safe at first by a half-step, but the umpire called him out. The other team's coach was ready to concede to us by this point, just to end the madness.

In the second game, Ryan's team just looked sluggish at first, and fell behind 15-5 in the 3rd inning, but one defensive change by our team, and some good hitting got us to the point where the score was 15-14 with the tying run on 2nd base and the winning run on 1st base, when the next player grounded out to the pitcher to end the game. One thing that was frustrating was that our team had 12 players while the Mets only had 10 players. I'm not accusing anybody of anything, but it's an easy thing to tell your worst players to stay home for the championship game, and totally stack your lineup. Of the two players we had missing, here are Ryan's season stats to show that he's not that bad of a player. He had 24 at-bats and 22 hits for a .917 batting average. He scored 11 runs and drove in 7 runs. All in all, it was a fun season, and I know Ryan had fun. There were players on the team who asked me every game over the past 2 weeks when Ryan was coming back. They were sad he was not coming back for the playoffs.

Here's the A's team photo. They finished the year 17-3.
Front row (l to r): Molly, Ryan, Noah, Sam, Kyle, Michael, Peyton
Middle row (l to r): Mason, Josh, Payden, Clay, Nathan, Cogan, Sean
Back row (l to r): Bruce Smith, Dave Halterman, Mark Thompson

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alyssa!!! I found you on Hannah's blog so I thought I would say hello:) Hannah and I were just talking the other day how it was such a coincidence that you guys lived across the hall from me in the Glenwood. Such a small world!!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Hey Alyssa I just wanted to let you know we are going private with our blog. Just let me know if you want me to send you an invite to view it still. Just leave me a comment with your email or email me at jennysmith28@gmail.com

Hannah said...

Alyssa...hi!! Your blog is so cute. You have been so good at "blogging", I'm in awe. :) I would love it if you guys could venture down here again-especially before we close the pool! I hope you're all well and that you enjoyed your 4th! love ya! ps..do you have blog addresses for any other family members? I'd love to check them out. :) thanks!

Jerbear said...

ok vacation is over update your blog. I should write a comment on Jenae's to commend her for her good work but its funny to see her get mad that I only comment on yours

Jenae said...

Jerry, you are a mean boy!