Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Deafy McDeaferson

So most of you already know that Marin was officially diagnosed with mild hearing loss in both ears last week. She has a follow-up appointment in mid-January, and I will keep you posted on what they say! The only clue I had, by the way, was a delay in speech - no history of ear infections or anything like that, and she even responded to noises, so we knew she had hearing - honestly, I was very surprised when they told me that she had hearing loss. But now we can at least do something about it! I have included video of her talking...she says more words than this, but they never do what you want for the camera.


So now I officially have names for all my dwarves I keep in the house : Deafy (Marin), Klutzy (Kate) and Jumpy (Ryan - this has changed from Whiny, a stage I am grateful that he has mostly grown out of).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What - no dwarf name for YOU? You give me hope, saying that Ryan has moved on from the whiny stage - just knowing that is a possibility may see me through....

Amy said...

love the dwarf names, our kids nicknames are:(in age order) eagle-eye, poops, and stinks!