Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow Day and other ramblings...

Yesterday morning, Ryan had a snow day! I let him sleep in as late as he wanted and then I went in and told him he didn't have school - I have never seen a kid jump out of bed so fast. Here are some pictures of the kids in the snow - Ryan is throwing snowballs at the window.

Ryan's latest obsession has been skeletons, and he especially likes Skeletor from the He-Man series, which Zeke owns all of!

Ryan and Kate with Santa at our ward Christmas party - Ryan is ok with the Big Jolly Elf, Kate is still pretty unsure, and I didn't even try with Marin!



So here is Marin's lone shot - she still loves to wear her sunglasses.

Now for some journaling parts...

Fast Play by Disney...
So for those of you who do not have young kids, you may not know that Disney has come up with this ingenious concept that you just put the DVD in and it automatically starts to play the movie (you as the parent do not have to do anything) - however, there is a catch - your child must (or gets to, depending on your point of view) sit through all the previews and Disney advertisements for Unicorn princess doll, or whatever the next big things are, etc. Seriously, I put one in and my kids got bored after 10 minutes of the movie not starting yet - Disney gets a lot of things right, but they misnamed this one - it should be called "automatic play" or better "eventually will play." That is all for that rant.

Scientific News...
Most people are by now aware of a phenomenon that however hard I have scoured the scientific literature, I find no study to support...nonetheless, we all know it is true - TODDLERS SECRETE A STICKY OOZE FROM THEIR PORES. Admit it - you all know this to be true. And if you don't, you have not been around enough toddlers. Marin takes this to a new level - she has lately taken to holding whatever she is eating in her hand and licking it every once in awhile - this is an especially bad combination when she is hanging on to fruit snacks, as it combines with the natural goo already being secreted from her hands to form some sort of supernatural uber-sticky colorful substance. It drives me nuts.

From Ryan's world:
While I am cooking dinner and crying because of the onions (seriously, I have the worst reaction to onions of anyone I know):
Ryan: "Mama, why are you crying?"
Me: "Oh, cutting onions just make me cry, even when I am happy."
Ryan: "Yeah, onions make me go bleh!" (I can't duplicate the noise he made - it was funny though).

And lastly: To A Friend - thanks for the Elmo doll! It was very distracting and made the kids and my day! (sidenote: if anyone wants a GREAT demonstration in physics and static electricity, let your kids play with packing peanuts and then try to sweep them up - and THEN use the vacuum, even if you have to change the bag afterwards).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HaHA! This post made me laugh, SEVERAL times. Seriously, Alyssa, for someone going through all of the BS you are going through right now, you are sure keeping your sense of humor. You make me proud. Can you be our control group when we try your science experiment????

Jenae said...

My horn can pierce the sky. Get Jerry to do that quote for you... it's his new favorite quote.
Also, I agree with all the fast play crap. I always fast forward.