It's a tradition in the Martin household to have a Valentine's Day breakfast with the family - Mom put a lot of effort into it, and I have to say that even though I think Jenae's and my spread looks pretty good, it barely compares to what Mom did...but still, it was so fun to have someone to carry on this tradition with who actually understood what the final goal was. I think we did pretty well. We also got to put the kids to bed early because there was "a surprise" in the morning.



On the menu this morning: Peanut M&M's on the table, a Reese's PB heart, a yogurt smoothie, strawberries, raspberries, cherry muffins, pancakes, eggs, lil' smokies, pink Rice Krispie treats, and juice. Wow.


Yes, 7:15 seemed early for a Sunday morning, but the kids really enjoyed the special treat! This is definitely the best breakfast they will ever have all year.

Rachel was really snuggly with Uncle Brett, aka "Uncle Silly" to my kids. I also should mention that Brett and Ryan stayed up until past 12:30 on Friday night playing Sim City - I barely remember Ryan going to bed, having gone to bed a few hours earlier myself. Ryan loves to play Sim City with Brett - his city has train tracks, multiple skyscrapers (the famous ones included), and a ballpark on an island. Good times.



All the granddaughters on the Martin side got these Madame Alexander dolls for Christmas from Grandma. They also got outfits that matched their dolls. Marin's had hearts, so I put hers on for church. Then Katelyn wanted to wear hers, so I put hers on then styled her hair the same way that her doll's hair was styled when we got her. Well, Ashlin came down the stairs wearing the exact same outfit and close to the same hairstyle as Kate. I started laughing and of course had to take their picture!




Two family pictures...I couldn't decide which one was better, so I put them both on.

8 comments:
What a festive Valentine's Day! I love your family pic, and the all of the food looked DELICIOUS.
I can't believe you never made me cherry muffins. I am going to want that recipe.
Wow! Way to go guys! What a fun tradition. I might have to adopt that one. That breakfast looked AWESOME. The girls looked so cute too with their dolls and matching dresses. I'm a fool for matchies!
how fun! What a great Valentine's tradition to do with family!!
Holy Cow!! You guys went all out! I remember Mom's awesome breakfasts- they were so fun. I feel bad because my family got nada this year. Spencer had to work early this morning and I had to get the kids to church by myself and teach. My kids may need therapy if they read these blogs and see what they are missing out on :) All of the kids look so cute and I LOVED the family pictures Alyssa!
Way to go girls! Your breakfast looked so wonderful. Do not go on a guilt trip Camie. You had a lot on your plate (no pun intended). I am cooking breakfast tomorrow morning instead because Adam is off of school and it is P-day so there are no meetings or trainings to do.
That is a great tradition.
What a fun tradition. If only I had the energy to do something like that. Maybe once my kids will actually remember it I'll have more motivation. :)
It looks great and festive! Love the pics of the girls and the family.
Post a Comment