Sunday, February 14, 2010

Choose the Right...

So at the beginning of the year, Katelyn got a "CTR" ring. This ring was supposed to help her "choose the right." Fast forward to a week or two ago...I spent 30 minutes cleaning up Kate's toys and trying to get her to help me as well. She whined and argued with me the whole time and never helped me clean. I kept my cool the whole time though, and when I was done I put her to bed early (because she was "too tired" to clean) and as I was tucking her in, I told her that I was very disappointed in her - that I wished I could be telling her "thanks for helping clean" or "I am so proud of you!" but instead she just made me sad because she didn't even help me clean up her toys. Then I told her "you made the wrong choice - you did not choose the right." She was crying by this time and when she heard me say that, she stopped crying, looked at her hand, and said, "I just didn't have my ring on - I can't choose the right without my ring!"

She has a knack for making me laugh, even when I am upset with her!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA - Look at her turn that around on you!! Of COURSE she can't make good choices without her ring on - what were you thinking?!? (*wink*)

Amy said...

That is so funny, it sounds exactly like something Abby would say!

Gemie said...

She sounds like her mother who once had just a "temporary lapse of judgement."

Esther said...

I always lost my CTR ring within the first week if not the first day...maybe that's what my issue has been all these years. LOL!