Friday, January 22, 2010

Marin Turns 3!

Marin turned 3 on January 10th. She had a princess themed birthday party with a Cinderella cake (made by Jenae). She got some fun presents (stickers, blocks, puppets, books, candy, and an Ariel swim doll). Enjoy the pictures and video!


Oh yes, and thank goodness for sweet and patient grandparents that are willing to play Connect 4 with Ryan!

Some of those Princess stickers at work (on the forehead) and some of the puppets:



7 comments:

Amy said...

i hope Marin had a wonderful birthday! And I wish Janae had been here to make Abby's birthday cake! We ended up doing cupcakes so the girls could decorate them! And Sue told me that they had a great time and were glad to have grandkids living close enough to attend a birthday party!!

rozalyn said...

happy birthday marin!!! love the haircut! and thanks for all the updating. : )

Ashley McLemore (Dickinson) said...

How wonderful! I can't believe she's getting so old so fast! I'm terribly jealous of her cake, I always wanted one of those as a kid.

Gemie said...

Okay, so I have to tell this story. I used a real Barbie doll in a cake I made for one of the girls. I took off the swimsuit (so I wouldn't have to clean greasy icing out of it), stuck the doll into the cake and piped icing to make the bodice and decorated the cake. The party was at a skating rink. Our party was an all girl party. Right next to our assigned two tables, was a party of all little boys (I think they were about seven years old). When it came time to cut the doll cake and the little boys realized Barbie had nothing on underneath the cake and icing, they all rushed over to watch. I felt so ashamed of myself for providing a "peep" show for these little boys. From then on, I decorated the doll with the swimsuit on if we were going out in public for the party.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Gemie's story made me laugh out loud!! That puts a whole new spin on the girl that jumps out of the cake, eh?
I think it looks adorable. Janae did a great job.

Camie said...

I can't believe how quickly these three years have gone by! I remember babysitting Ben and Marin at Carolyn's wedding and they both were lying side by side attempting to roll over. She is so darling and the birthday cake is beautiful Jenae! I loved the princess theme and wish I could have been there!

Esther said...

So very impressed by Jenae's cake! So very sad to have missed Marin's birthday party. Birthday wishes and love to Marin!!!