

From below, looking up:

Ok, a little disclaimer, this post is for Ryan, so I am putting up almost all the pictures.
As mentioned previously, we went to the Sear's tower in Chicago on our way to Utah. Ryan absolutely loved it and has already started to tell me he wants to go again (grin). I would love to take him, but I don't think we can afford parking in downtown Chicago ever again ($45 - no lie; and Jerry, I probably should pay you back for some of that, but I'd rather owe it to you the rest of my life than cheat you of it).
So here goes:


These pictures were taken in what I will call the line-waiting room. I would guess we spent about an hour waiting in lines - security first, then tickets. But you learn a lot of Sear's Tower (excuse me, Willis Tower - the name changed in 2009) trivia whilst trying to keep your kids from turning into something that resembles a rabid animal.
Next comes a movie and then - the elevator ride. I think Jerry was a bit nervous during this part. Now here come the bulk of the pictures, taken from the 103rd floor of the tower:



My favorite part was standing on the clear projections - they had 4 of these cubes that projected out from the side of the building. It didn't bother me, but Jerry says his toes were tingling - translation: he was shakin' in his boots. I was pretty impressed with my kids - apparently, they have no fear of heights whatsoever; Marin was even licking the bottom. (This fits in well with my agenda of daily challenging their immune systems).





And lastly, the one video I got:
3 comments:
What a fun time!!! I am so happy for Ryan that he finally go to go to the tallest building in the US. I love everything but the projections. I can hardly stand to look at even the pictures of those. I can relate to Jerry. More than my toes would tingle. I would not be able to go out there. He's a son of mine for sure. Especially if the elevator bothered him too. Still waiting patiently (or not so) for pictures of Marin.
how fun! I am so glad that Ryan had a good time! and I just have to point out that in the pictures in the "line-waiting room" Kate and Marin are almost the same height!!! I am sure you already know this, but I was kind of surprised!!
Love the pics! Especially the ones of the kids in the glass booth!
Post a Comment