Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Favorite Part of Ryan's First Day of School...

Was running and calling his name as loud as I could just before he got onto some random bus at the end of the school day.

He likes his new school alot - he doesn't have to wear ear plugs in the cafeteria, his class has a pet turtle named Corky, and "it is easy."

7 comments:

Amy said...

That is too funny! So you came to pick him up and he thought he was going to be riding the bus? I am glad he likes it!! That is so very important when you have to move!!

Alyssa said...

His last school was very strict about where the kids went at drop off - this school was much more lax (hooray for being in Utah!) Anyways, his teacher told me she told him to wait for me by the flagpole - so I waited by the flagpole and no Ryan, which is when I started looking at the buses - and saw him at the front of the line to get on one!

Esther said...

Yikes! That could of been a mess...glad it was averted. Really glad he had a good first day!

Gemie said...

Glad you saw and caught Ryan before he went away to who knows where! I am also glad school is more tolerable for him! Remember when I went to the bus stop to pick up Ryan in Kentucky and he was not on the bus? They were so strict that even though the bus stop was in front of the house next door, they would not release him to someone whom they did not know. Alyssa had called the school to let them know I would be picking him up at the bus stop. The school had misunderstood and thought I would be picking him up from school. So poor Ryan had to wait until his mom could pick him up. He is such a good sport.

Christina said...

What?! They don't have kidnappers in Utah? Is *everyone* there good? Also nice to know that school in Utah is "easy," although it's hard to imagine Kentucky being ahead of Utah in academics.

Alyssa said...

Haha - Christina, it is because I put him in a first grade classroom, where he should be age-wise, but he pretty much did first grade last year. I figured it couldn't hurt during the transition.

Ashley McLemore (Dickinson) said...

It's so great to be able to keep up with you and how everyone is transitioning. I'm terribly jealous that they have a turtle. They wouldn't let me have one in my clssroom :(