Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Kate Turns 5!

The Utah side of the family celebrated Kate's birthday 2 weeks early, as the kids were spending June and July with their dad. It happened to fall on Randy's birthday (Kate's Grandpa). Kate had requested a birthday cake with eyes on it. The result was a little bit freaky. Jerry picked it up from the Provo DQ for me, and he said it weirded him out the whole drive up. Kate loved it. Great-Grandma June (who Kate is named after) also came.





Katelyn's 5-yr-old personality:

1. Sensitive - gets her feelings hurt easily, but is also easy to soothe and very in tune with every one else's feelings.
2. Talkative - Kate is very articulate, and communicates well. One reason I think she is easy to soothe is because I can find out very quickly what emotion she is feeling.
3. Imaginative - like most kids who don't get to spend 24/7 in front of the tv, Kate comes up with some pretty good creative play.
4. Has memorized the Articles of Faith 1-6, and is working on the rest. She is quite proud of this.
5. Kate is very girly - likes all things princess, dress-up, playing dolls, dancing, etc. She doesn't mind getting dirty though.
6. A couple mornings a week, I wake up to find her on the other side of my bed. She doesn't wake me, so I don't mind, and I really enjoy looking at her while she sleeps - she is the picture of innocence.

2 comments:

Kindra said...

Absolutley Fabulous!! I LOVE that cake! I would have to agree that it is a little freaky, but that is what makes it great! Kate- you must have an amazing imagination, to come up with that. I can't wait to see you guys. Love ya.

Gemie said...

It looks like such a fun birthday!!! Kate is still so cute! I can't wait to see her and the other grandchildren! August is taking way too long to get here.