Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hiking Mt. Timp

About a month ago, Ryan and I hiked Mt. Timpanogos. We started at 5:30 in the morning from the Timpooneke Trailhead (this ends up being about a 15 mile round trip hike).





Waterfall on the trail...there was a lot of water.









Ryan was very motivated to get to the top...what he didn't realize was how hard it would be to get back down. Luckily we saw a moose - that helped motivate him.
I did this hike when I was about 20 and I do not remember it being so difficult! Still, when we got to the bottom, I was able to run the 1/2 mile to get to the car (I left Ryan at the trailhead). All in all, it was an amazing experience, and I am so proud of Ryan for accomplishing such a feat.

7 comments:

Gemie said...

Way to go Ryan! We are so proud of you and your mother!!! Thanks for sharing this trip with us. I love the moose!

Corinda said...

Wow! Way to go Ryan. That is seriously impressive.

Jenae said...

You blogged! That might be a greater feat than Timp! Just kidding!! I still can't believe you and Ryan did that. You guys are amazing!

Jenae said...

Oh, did you remind Ryan how hard of a time the rest of us had when we did it a couple of years ago? That should make him feel better. I think when dad gets home from his mission that we should do it again to redeem ourselves. And this time we won't start at 1 am.

Kara said...

You hiked TIMP!! Way to go both of you! I am so jealous and so proud all at the same time! haha Next time I am in Utah I will not be pregnant and we should hike timp!! Just think about it... I think it would be awesome!

Christina said...

Once again, I can't find your email when I desperately need it.

I heard you are ENGAGED!!!!! (Scott told me that he found out on Facebook).

EMAIL ME!!!

Hannah said...

I remember this day!!! Amazing are you!!
.... do you have updates for the Utah McKay's??