Monday, August 22, 2011

Disneyland!

Well, here it is...the much anticipated, long-awaited Disneyland post! I have already forgotten much of the trip (we took this trip in February), so it will mostly be pictures. February 2011, the kids and I went to California. We went with Camie and her 3 boys and Chris (fresh off his mission from The Dominican Republic) to Disneyland - thanks to Camie and her Disneyland know-how, we had an awesome and relatively inexpensive experience. The kids rank it as their favorite vacation to date.
I think this was on the flying Dumbo ride.


Ryan was constantly smiling.
This is Uncle Chris and Ryan getting ready to ride Matterhorn. Chris was worth his weight in gold on this trip.

It's a Small World - despite how much fun we poke at this ride, it is just great eye candy, and the kids loved it. Below is Ryan, Ben, and Chris.


Marin started standing up and down in time with the puppets - it was pretty cute.


Yes, check it out - that is Kate on my shoulders, Marin in the front part of the stroller, and Ryan in the back.
Chris took these pictures - some people were giving him dirty looks - I think they thought he was the father.
I for the life of me can't remember this ride - but I'm smiling, so it must have been fun, right?
Lots of hugs to go around on the happiest place on earth!
My kids really loved the Haunted Mansion. Ryan drew pictures of floating candles for weeks.
Lots of waiting in line...

Chris and Ryan spent a lot of time together...they did Indiana Jones together a few times.
And the Tarzan treehouse...
All the kids loved Buzz Lightyear.
Katelyn, Ryan, and Chris after Matterhorn. Katelyn and Ryan actually loved all the higher-G rides - including Space Mountain. Marin rode Space Mountain and says she liked it, but I'm having my doubts - especially since she wouldn't ride it again.

While Chris and Ryan went off to ride some of the older kid rides, Camie, myself, and the rest of the kids waited in line for an hour to see the Princesses...it was worth the wait.

Ben was really excited...
Huh. Maybe I should have paid the extra money for the professional photographer shots.

Ben was so cute meeting all the princesses.






I couldn't help it.

And of course the kids loved the merry-go-round...and the line was usually short.


Just look at that smile!

Chris and I right before we began to chicken fight. Don't worry, it was like 9 pm on our 2nd day - so it wouldn't have mattered if we got kicked out, right Chris?

I also got to visit my friend September...always a bonus about going to LA!



5 comments:

Gemie said...

Fun, fun, fun. Can't wait for the post on this more recent trip to SoCal! September hasn't changed a bit!

Jeff and Becky Diamond said...

Great pictures. We miss you. Did you ride Star Tours?

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
allyson said...

I am glad you had fun. My girls want to go but Ben says he can't think of anything worse! So maybe we will go some day.
We have to get together again some time.

Kindra said...

Okay....by far, my favorite picture is the one of you with Princess Jasmine! He,he,he. Thank you for the laugh Sisapoo!