Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lexington Legends Game 5-30-08

Ryan's team (the A's) got to hang out with the Lexington Legends (local minor league team) during the beginning of the Legends game last night. They got to sit in the dugout, and the players signed autographs, and then they ran out on the field with the players during the intro. Ryan was the first one out. The second group of 2 players from Ryan's team was supposed to follow their player out into the outfield, but they followed Ryan instead. Ryan sat in the grass and played with the dirt, even during the national anthem. We saw one of the players (#11) have Ryan stand up and then he tried to show him how to put his hat over his heart. Here's the video.



One of the players (mentioned above - #11 - I looked it up; his name is Ronald Ramirez) was really nice to Ryan the whole time. Not only at 2nd base during the intro, but before they ran out on the field. Here's a picture of him helping Ryan get a drink from the team's water cooler.



















Here's Ryan after the first inning. Someone on the Legends even drew the black lines under his eyes.

As a sidenote, I almost caught a foul ball. I dropped it as I picked it up and some kid grabbed it. Too bad. :-(









Another sidenote: On Memorial Day we went to the ballpark with our friends the Hewett's, and Brad and I were hitting balls on the medium sized field (200 feet to the left and right field fences) and trying to hit the scoreboard over the fence in right-center field. Brad hit it once, and I hit it and left my mark. It's such a beautiful little dent. If anybody asks - I didn't do it, it was somebody else.

No comments: