So here we are at Beaumont Ward's trunk-or-treat party - the kids and I had a great time, and a big shout-out to Amy, Jenny, and Vikki for letting me crash their ward's party!

Since I didn't have the kids for Halloween this year, I tried to spend as little as possible on the costumes. They wanted to be spiders - particularly black widows for the girls and a garden spider for Ryan (their choices, not mine). Anyways, I have to say the costumes would not have happened without Esther - she definitely came to my and the kid's rescue on Friday morning to help me out. (On a side note, I think everyone should have an Esther - I don't know what I would do without MY Esther).


Ryan's garden spider outfit. Soon after this picture, he wanted everything taken off, and he then pretended to be a pirate. Should have brought the eye patch right? But I swear he told me he wanted to be a spider! Those are more eyes on the forehead, fyi.



Ok funny story about Marin - there was a kid dressed as Buzz Lightyear, and Marin kept following him around, and looking at me with raised eyebrows - like, "mom, can you believe it? Buzz Lightyear is here!" Then that night, when I went to give her good night hugs, I felt something hard in her bed - she had dug out two Buzz Lightyear action figures to sleep with!

They had cotton candy at the party. Gratuitous sugar, I know - but the kids loved it!




Okay, so Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I just let the kids have whatever candy they wanted. I pulled the glucose plug last night, and so far I haven't noticed any withdrawal symptoms, except Marin gets the shakes occasionally (kidding, Mom, kidding). Anyways, the funniest thing about them eating whatever candy they wanted: Marin unwrapped every sucker she had - about 10 - and walked around the house just taking licks from her sucker bouquet. It killed me though because then she would touch it to the couch, my bed, the furniture, etc. Anyways, once she put it down I threw it away. Then she must have raided Ryan's and Kate's stash (after the sugar overload, they stopped caring who's was who's), because she did the same thing again with another 10 suckers. So glad Halloween is over...
And lastly, we got H1N1 vaccinated on Halloween! Ryan was funny because he was sort of throwing a fit until they stuck the needle in and then he just went really still. I thought he was getting ready to shed some major tears, but then he just said, "oh, that really didn't hurt." Hilarious.
6 comments:
what a fun halloween party! Molly also followed around a Buzz at our ward party! She is absolutely obsessed with "oody-buzz" ! (That is what she calls the movie) She found a flyer from Toys-R-Us that had a picture of them in it and we cut them out and she carries them everywhere and says things like "howdy, howdy, howdy" and "buzz fly, and break his arm!"
Haha - Amy that is really funny! I am hoping that with the hype of the new Toy Story, my kids will still be into it and we will all dress as Toy Story characters for next Halloween - and Marin can even be Buzz if she wants!
Very clever costumes! And I know what you mean about having an Esther. Amber is my Esther and I wouldn't die without her... I definitely would not have made it through my mousecapades without her!!
What cute costumes! Who needs to buy costumes when you can make such cute ones? I loved all the extra eyes! When you kids were growing up I could have used some extra eyes. I guess I had them. Mrs.Litt and Mrs Scruggs would call and tell me what I wasn't seeing. Mrs. Litt was one of my "Esters". I needed more than one. I am glad Ryan is not needle phobic. It will make life so much easier. Especially if he ends up in the ER on his mission like one of our needle phobic Elders did.
Love the costumes! I'm impressed they all wanted to be something similar. What are the chances?
I love the sucker story. Gavin is the same way. I let them eat all the candy that day, (it really wasn't much) and he just walked around taking one bite of this, one bite of that and getting everything sticky! Oh well right? Those sugar ants are easy to get rid of! NOT! How cute about the buzz lightyear too!
Post a Comment