Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cool at the Pool

This post is for me...the other day Jenae and I took our 5 kids to the pool. About halfway through our excursion, Marin came up to me, gave me a hug, and, with Jenae as my witness, said, "Mom, you are the coolest!" I will never forget that moment. When I am old and senile, that will be the memory I cling to - I may be in a wheelchair and with no brain left, but listen closely, and you will hear me mumbling, "I am the coolest."

5 comments:

Gemie said...

Do file that memory away for the day when Marin tells you to pick her up after a middle school dance at the corner (by the stop sign) and instructs, "Do NOT get out of the car!"

Jenae said...

Funny, I don't remember that comment.

Just kidding.

Anonymous said...

I like the mumbling part the best.

Corinda said...

That's fantastic. What a sweetheart.

Kindra said...

Love that Marin! Can I be your senile friend/sister (will we really know the differene at that point?) I'll save you a spot. Let's face it..though you are my older sister, I am bound to beat you to that stage!