Friday, March 21, 2008

Alyssa's birthday, Zeke's injury...

I had a great birthday - I got the best presents and had ice cream cake! Also, I thought I would include pics of my best friends here in Lexington. Below is Tammy and then below that is Esther. They are so awesome! Both these pictures were taken on my birthday.

So was this picture - we found a little leprechaun hanging around and so we had to take it's picture. I know, I know, I DO in fact have other children...sometimes we even take pictures of them, and when I do I will post them here.
Also, on a side note, Ryan is wearing underwear more than half the time he is awake - I put a diaper on for school still but hopefully after spring break that will end. I spent a couple of hours with him in public today without a diaper for him though, and he did fine - he had to go potty once and insisted on using the men's room (he saw the picture on the door) so I let him - it was a one toilet only men's room. He saw the urinal and asked what it was - I told him dad would show him how to use it later. Then he refused to flush the toilet (public restrooms frighten him) so he had to go outside the door and close it with me alone in the men's room while I flushed the toilet. Lovely.

Ok, so here is Zeke's latest sports-related injury (does he have any other?) He was trying to show-off while practicing with his softball team. He attempted to catch the ball on the outside of his glove so he could immediately throw it, and the ball hit his finger instead. It is pretty swollen and black and blue, the photo and video really don't do it justice. I talked to his high school friend Greg a couple of weeks ago about Zeke and all his sports injuries, and I think Greg said it best - "when Zeke gets injured, everyone knows about it." Zeke doesn't want ANY sympathy, he just thinks they are cool-looking.

2 comments:

Jenae said...

First... cute hair Alyssa!! Second... potty training for Ryan should NOT be a sidenote- it should be a post all in of itself. Third... Zeke my goodness you get injured a lot!!

apb said...

A Birthday party?!? And I wasn't even invited! Well you can have your cake and eat it too... Happy belated Birthday by the way!