Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Ryan Quote and His After-school Activity

Here is a copy of Ryan's first typed book - he did this today after school - picked out the picture and typed all the words himself; I only pasted the picture and then told him how to spell a few words (but only when he asked). Also, the font is 48 point and there are a few random "enters" in the text when he was afraid that the next word wouldn't fit on the line.

Also: for some reason, blogger is not letting me paste the picture Ryan used, so here is the link:

http://martianchronicles.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/lava_arch_2.jpg


Ryan's lava book

Once upon a time Ryan went to Hawaii.Ryan saw a big volcano.
Ryan was swimming in the ocean.Then Ryan swam back to the beach.Ryan found lots of shells. ...and then I was digging in the sand and I found some treasure. ...and I took it home. the end.

If you want a copy, you can print it off, but Ryan is asking for 6 cents per book.

Quote of the day: (to preface, McKenna is Ryan's new stepsister his age - the kid's attend church with their dad every other weekend, this last weekend was their first week in his new ward). "Mama, we went to McKenna's church and it was as long as school." I have tried to explain that my church and dad's church is all the same. I don't think he believes me.

3 comments:

Amy said...

so funny!! thomas likes to think that the Simpsons go to our church in their city. YIKES!!

Gemie said...

Tell Ryan we often have a shorter Church. Ours frequently lasts only two hours instead of three. If you come to visit Grandpa and Grandma Martin and attend Church with them it could be shorter! (We are attending a lot of Stake Conferences lately)

Jeff and Becky Diamond said...

Wow, He is writing like some of my second graders did. That is so cute Alyssa.