(Note: I have been informed that it is imperative to read the previous blog first; again, for this book it was also 48 point font size, insert any generic black widow spider picture, you get the idea; then we print it off and Ryan staples the pages together to get his "book.")
Ryan's black widow book
Once upon a time Ryan went to California. ...and then he found a black widow at his house.Then Ryan killed it. ...and then he took a picture of it.
Then he went to sleep.
When he woke up
he saw a black widow in his room.He killed it he took a picture again.
When it was ten a clock He went to school.He was scared.Then he got home.
The end
Notes: As I am discussing the text of Ryan's story with him, I am getting some new insights. I asked him why the Ryan in his story was scared of school, and he said because he thought there was going to be a fire drill, but there wasn't. Then he went on to say that the new school did not turn tickets (the particular form of discipline Ryan's school uses) and that Ryan got 10 compliments all for himself in one day.
2nd Note: Ryan and I decided on 12 cents for this book. He says you can pay 12 dollars, but if you don't have dollars you can just use cents.
3rd Note: Ryan asked me how to spell California, but I was putting Marin down so I told him to do the best he could then I would help him later. I was impressed he got it right, and I asked him how he figured it out - he had gone and looked at his map of the United States!
4th Note: So my 1st-grader just typed out two stories with minimal help in one day - do I let him off the hook with homework for the night? (before anyone throws a fit, I will still make him do it!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We will get our $12.00 (or is that 12 cents--I'm confused)in the mail today! I like Ryan's stories. Especially the one where he goes to California! I hope you can make that one a true one. Grandma Gemie
Your kids are so smart! Publishing in the 1st grade. Go Ryan Go!
You totally let him off the hook! Are you kidding! You do it for him so he can dedicate himself to his higher literary cause. Homework . . . pshaw.
Post a Comment