Ryan has been into hiking lately, and has been asking if he can hike Mt. Timpanogos. So as a test run, we hiked the Y one Saturday in May (I think it was the only warm, non-windy Saturday there was). Ryan practically flew up the mountain. Seriously. I alternated having Kate and Marin on my shoulders. Every time we rested, Ryan pretty much rested at the switchback ahead of us. At the end, he and Kate joined another hiking group - the man told me later that Ryan was telling him which way to go. At the end of our hike, as we were driving home, Ryan told me, "it's a good thing I was there to tell that man where to go - he might have gotten lost."
My (mostly) fearless troopers:


Marin takes a break:

At the top:


Ok, so I may have been kidding when I said Ryan flew up the mountain, but I am not when I say he ran down - literally. The girls did pretty good themselves, although I carried Marin a lot.

I know everyone knows what the view is like, but this is for Ryan. Plus, what else am I going to do if my hard drive crashes? At least I will have my journal on blogger.



Marin promptly fell asleep on the ride to Wendy's for frosties. All in all, a great hike!
1 comment:
Wow! I almost missed this blog. It looks like the kids will have a lot of fun memories of time spent with their awesome mother.
Post a Comment