Monday, May 31, 2010

Thanksgiving Point Gardens

Thanksgiving Point has some beautiful gardens, and the kids and I went there for the first time a few weeks ago. They have an excellent children's area (seriously - the kids could play there for hours) and of course some beautiful themed gardens.


Tiptoe, through the tulips...

And the largest man-made waterfall in North America (this is just the very top portion):


Roosting on the ledge of this man-made waterfall are 2 great-horned owl fledgelings. Kate kept telling me over and over, "they were real owls mom!" We saw the parent really well also, but unfortunately I did not get a good picture of her.






2 comments:

Gemie said...

What a pretty setting for you and the kids to enjoy!!! They look so at home in the gardens.

Gemie said...

I just looked at the pictures again. Maybe you should forget pharmacy school and become a nature photographer. These really are good!