Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Uncle Jerry takes Ryan to the Gym...

So I have to brag for a little bit about my brother Jerry, the 6'4" wonder...while he was always too tall to ever compete competitively in gymnastics (as the former eastern bloc coaches often told my mom), he is (or at least was) quite the gymnast back in the day...he trained in the same gym that Nastia Liukin trained in. Ryan has been begging me to take him to the gym, but with the 2 girls it has been rather difficult - so Jerry took him to open gym on Friday evening. Needless to say, Ryan had a blast, and he actually improved in some areas. I have been trying to get him to take a class, but he informs me he just wants to play around.






Videos: I love the one where Ryan has to muster up some courage to flip into the foam pit. Also, please note the perfect landing of the front flip on the trampoline. Good job Ryan!

3 comments:

Amy said...

very cool!! What a nice uncle!

Esther said...

Ummm, I think I would have to gather up my courage to jump into that foam pit too and I wouldn't even do a flip into it! Way to go Ryan!

Gemie said...

Wow! Ryan shows a lot of promise! Jerry's gym was World Olympics Gymnastics where Carly Patterson and Nastia Luikin trained. If only he had inherited the family short gene....