Every Valentine's Day growing up, my mom did an elaborate breakfast. I didn't appreciate all the effort she went to, but I do now (as I stayed up until 2 am dipping strawberries). However, I think she accomplished her purpose. No matter what happened at school (personal favorite - the kid in middle school who told me "Roses are red, violets are black, why is your front side as flat as your back?"), I knew I was loved at home. Also, it gives me, a single mom, a reason to celebrate the holiday of love anyway! I love you Ryan, Kate, and Marin!


I tried to get decent pics of the kids - remember, they had just woken up.






5 comments:
This is awesome! Way better than I did on Valentine's Day. Lucky kidlets.
I love it Alyssa! Very darling pictures. I too did an over the top breakfast, and all thanks to that wonderful Mother of ours!
Following the example you set for me in Lex, Alyssa, this year I pulled off a "Gemie Valentine's Breakfast" myself. Thanks Alyssa and Gemie!
I must confess, I did not pull off a "Gemie Valentines day breakfast" this year. Adam leaves for Seminary at 6:20 and goes from there to school. I did a Valentines dinner instead. It just did not have the same feel to it. Next year I will repent and fix Dad and I (the only ones left) a Valentines day breakfast. Thanks girls for the compliments. Alyssa, your breakfast looks awesome!"
Oops. That was Gemie not Christopher who left that last comment.
Post a Comment