So today Kate asked me to draw her an outline of Princess Lolly (from Candyland). This is a common activity, and afterwards she colors the outline in. Well, I drew one and she saw it and started to cry (yes, it was that bad). I apologized and told her I was sorry, but that she could probably do a better job herself. She went to the table, still crying and getting out her markers to make a new drawing, when I heard her say, "You didn't make her pretty. You just made her ugly."
Also, two days ago, I got the kids in their swimsuits and we got in the car to go to the pool...but the car doesn't start. So we call up our friends a few minutes away and Erik comes over and jumpstarts the car for us. So on the way to the pool, I decided to go to a car shop to check the battery first. And it is a good thing I did, because the battery was dead as a doornail. So they changed the battery (all in under 30 minutes, very impressive) and we checked out. As we are leaving, Ryan starts telling all the mechanics, "goodbye doctors!" and Kate soon joined in. (This is my fault, because I tell them that the car shop is like a doctor's office for cars). Anyways, we were talking about it on the way home, about how there are special car doctors to fix cars, and Kate pipes in, "Erik fixed our car, and he isn't a car doctor." And I had to respond, "He just gave the car CPR until we could get to the car hospital." Unfortunately, my kids didn't get the joke, so I had to post it here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
that's hilarious, kids are so literal sometimes!!
This is too funny of a post, that's gotta be the funnest thing ever crying because your picture was so ugly, kids they are priceless. Really I keep laughing and Eric keeps asking me what is so funny.....this just really struck my funnybone!
Maybe you could get a second job drawing pictures of people who walk down the sidewalk. Maybe with sidewalk chalk! You know making the lips big or an extra large chin or something. This could be a new way to make some extra money. You should really save the picture.
That's hilarious!
Post a Comment