So after church on Sunday, the kids and I were driving home. This is what the conversation went like:
Me: "What did you guys learn about in church today?" (no response) "Ummm...Kate, I know you learned about the golden plates, right?" I sing them a song ("The golden plates lay hidden, deep in the mountainside, until God found one worthy, in whom he could rely"). No response. "Ummm...do you guys know who God led to the golden plates?" No response. "Ryan?"
Ryan: "I don't know"
Katelyn: "I know, I know!"
Me (relieved, and thinking YES, they learned something): "Who Kate!?!"
Katelyn (all excited): "ME! I found them! And Phoenix did too!"
Me (trying not to laugh): "Oh did your class pretend to look for the golden plates?"
Kate: "Yes! and we found them!"
Me: "But does anyone know who found the real ones?" I am getting to ready to tell them when...
Ryan: "Joseph Smith!"
At this point, I almost start to cry from joy that my son actually knew the answer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment