Monday, July 6, 2009

Ryan Hits a Milestone...

This is Ryan at our friend's house in Winchester (Sonia and Adam) - it was their daughter Katy's 4th birthday last Saturday. I just love the expression on Ryan's face.

So today for the very first time, Ryan went down a waterslide by himself. His entire body was shaking before he went down, and I don't think it was from the cold! But a family friend (thanks Matt!) helped him find enough courage to brave the slide, and Ryan did it! And even wanted to do it again! For anyone who knows Ryan, you know what an accomplishment this is for him - he has come a long way, and I was so proud of him! And thank you so much to Matt and Corinda for helping me take my kids to the pool - you guys are the best.

*Update! I read this post to Ryan and he informs me that he was shaking because he was cold*
*2nd Update: lest there be any confusion, the waterslide Ryan went down was NOT the slip-n-slide pictured - it was about 2 stories high and a tube slide.*

6 comments:

Amy said...

YAY! What a brave boy! Congratulations, Ryan!

Esther said...

Yeah for Ryan!

Anonymous said...

I think that he's just doing a Spock impression.

Jenae said...

Way to go Ryan! Now, the slide you are speaking of is an actual slide and not a slip n' slide like you have pictured... correct?

Alyssa said...

Yes Jenae, it was a different slide - about 2 stories high and fully inclosed (a tube slide) - sorry if the picture is misleading!

Corinda said...

Hey, we were just glad to be part of Ryan's big accomplishment--we'll have to go again sometime!