Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!



The kids and I made a cake - Ryan loves doing this sort of thing, he put most of the blueberries on and some of the strawberries. Notice the whipped cream around his mouth :-) Oh yeah, and Kate looks actually happy - not quite smiling, but not fake smiling or just staring like she is in most her pictures...

We also did some flowers, fountains, and sparklers last night - the kids LOVED them and had so much fun - Ryan, miraculously, at one point even said (from atop their little playhouse), "I'm so happy!" - but he said it in such a way that reminded me of Cusco from The Emperor's New Groove - when he says, "It's my birthday present to me! I'm so happy." It made me laugh. I should note that all the fireworks were small but more importantly, NOT LOUD. Even Kate stopped plugging her ears after awhile. This is probably Marin's first time to remember fireworks, and she loved them.

1 comment:

Deanna and Gary said...

Those are some awesome kids! Ya Ryan does look very happy, maybe even giddy. That looked like alot of cooking fun. What a good mom!