Friday, April 16, 2010

My Birthday Party and More...

The kids waiting patiently for me to be done with class and come over to Justin's apartment.

Kara made this, along with my cake - pretty impressive, right?

Ryan showing his very loose tooth. This was on my birthday - he lost it the following Sunday, which would have been the 20th.

The kids practicing to surprise me when I entered.


OK, I really had no clue that they were doing a surprise party for me. Everyone had played their parts well, especially Jenae. This is because Ashlin told me on Tuesday that she knew something about my birthday cake. Ashlin later confessed to Jenae that she had let something slip, so the next morning when I dropped the kids off before work, she asked me if I had a birthday cake planned, because Ashlin was pretty intent on having some birthday cake that night. I told her no, but we should probably plan something because Ashlin had mentioned a cake the day before, to which Jenae said she would take care of it. So I still had no clue. Then Justin told me to come over after class b/c they had made me a cake. Jerry even texted me during class to tell me he was going to call me later. Then they all ended up being at Justin's. It was really nice for me, b/c I was pretty beat down from the long day, and then I got to go eat pizza, chips and salsa, drink Dr. Pepper, and have cake! And be with my kids and siblings. Thanks you guys!


Lastly, I went to a birthday lunch with my friends, and left the kids with Justin. This is what I came back to - Marin, future scientist.

2 comments:

Gemie said...

I can't wait! I am not going to say anything about it being April 17th when your birthday was March 17th. Oops. I just did.

Gemie said...

Wow! What a fun surprise! I can't believe Alyssa has joined the "over 30" crowd! What a cute cake! Kara's Jello jigglers are cute too!