Sorry, I don't really have any good pictures for this expedition because my camera has expired. But here is proof that Ryan (7), Katelyn (5), and Marin (3), hiked 3 miles round trip plus the walk through the caves in late August. I am sure you can google some cool images of what was in the caves. I only carried Marin for one small part throughout the entire hike. Sure there was some complaining by the girls, but I mushed them onward ("I am not raising weaklings!" or "time to turn into She-Ra girls", etc.) They were actually really proud of themselves when we completed the hike - and I have to say, I was really impressed as well! But I also convinced Ryan to wait one more year before trying to hike to the top of Mt. Timpanogos. I pointed out it would be about 5 times longer a hike. He countered that we could take more rests than we did on this hike. I then played my parental authority trump card (which I am running out of, does anyone have any more?) and said not this year.


4 comments:
Looks like you guys have had a fun summer! Good luck finding more parental trump cards. Do we all get new ones for Christmas?
Corinda - we really need them BEFORE Christmas, right? I just don't know how I am going to afford to buy Ryan his own planet, right next to mine.
Sorry, I have used all my parental trump cards up on the only child I have left at home who is a teenager to boot. Let me know if you find more.
This looks like a blast, and three miles is darn good for small'uns. I wish I'd been able to hike it with you. (Sadly, I've never hiked Mt. Timpanogas, or any part of it. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone.)
Post a Comment