Sunday, January 4, 2009

One of Ryan's and my conversations on the ride from Oklahoma City to Lexington

First of all, thanks to Toby and Amy for putting us up for the night! Ryan got to ride in the front seat on the way back to Lexington for space purposes, and we had some interesting conversation. Here was one of them:

R: What should you do if you are being chased by wolves? (Note: we had this conversation several times; insert various bad person, beast, animal, or mythical creature for wolves).
A: Probably climb the nearest tree and and try to hit them with tree branches.
R: Should I try to run away from them?
A: They can outrun you, so no.
R: Should I climb on top of the house?
A: Oh, if you are near the house, go inside the house.
R: Should I shoot swords at them?
A: Normally we don't shoot swords - maybe an arrow or bullets? Do you have a gun or bow? Or you could hurt them with the sword.
R: Should I just use my rocket boots to fly away?
A: Well, yeah, of course - by all means use the rocket boots!

7 comments:

Allison said...

Well, at least he is prepared. You never know when he might be chased by wolves.

Eric and Jenny said...

He's so cute, he little mind must always be working, I love it!

Amy said...

classic ryan! hilarious!

Jenae said...

hahaha- I love rational conversations like these. He is already thinking like a boy scout- "Be prepared" for whatever life may throw your way. Will you have him send me a pair of those boots?

Christina said...

This is hilarious. It reminds me of my brother Scott. My mom is always telling me about conversations they had that started out with something like: "If you were in a boat with me and Christina, but there was only enough food for one of us, who would you feed?" Maybe he'll grow up to be a Philosophy professor like Scott. Albeit, an anxiety-ridden, depressed, medicated philosophy professor ;)

Jeff and Becky Diamond said...

Ryan must be Batman. He has everything he'll ever need, like his anti-shark spray. Does Ryan keep the rocket boots in his utility belt?

Hannah said...

LOL! I LOVE the Ryan stories! I am still talking about the n-n-n-north post! I love ya! Give me a call sometime. xoxo