Saturday, May 9, 2009
Happy Mother's Day!
So every year for Mother's Day, I try to come up with a memory that I have of my mother, write about it, and send it to her. This year, I am going to blog it! I have many very good memories of my mother, but as I think back, I mostly remember character traits - like her generosity, her ready laugh, her many sacrifices she made for us. I also remember how much she cared about us and tried to help us out of tough situations - oh the patience she had with EIGHT kids. For instance, one time at soccer practice, I had peed my pants. I was really scared to tell my mom, but I was even more scared that my teammates would notice. Well, my mom showed up to pick me up, and I very cautiously approached her and told her my situation. She must have noticed my embarrassment, because she didn't chastise me at all, but simply walked behind me to the station wagon, put the back seat down (so I was riding on plastic instead of the seat) and took me home. I don't remember even getting a single lecture. So yes, mom was cool and helped you out in a pinch when you really needed it! She is still doing that today - I love you Mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That is such a great idea! I'm totally going to steal it. Such a sweet tribute to your mom, and a great opportunity to blog about peeing your pants! :)
I love your memory of your mother, that is so sweet, it's funny the things that we remember and that make an impression. I hope you have a great mother's day today!
Thanks Alyssa for the tribute. I am actually a bit ashamed of myself that I didn't leave the seat up so you could be seat belted in. (I am sure it would not have been the first time the seat had been wet on.) I had forgotten all about that incident. That was probably the most trouble you caused until the night you snuck out your upstairs bedroom window late one night with your friend September who was sleeping over (but that's a different story to tell on you someday). Love Mom
AWW How nice for you to tell sweet stories of your Mom. And Happy Mother's Day to you, Alyssa you are a great one!
Post a Comment