Monday, October 12, 2009

Hike at Raven Run


What better thing to do than go hiking in between General Conference sessions? (OK, so we ended up missing most of the Saturday afternoon session, - the 3 mile hike was a lot for some of us who haven't been walking for more than 2 years yet!)
Haha - more fun attempts at getting a family picture. This was at the lookout - you hike to some cliffs and you can see the Kentucky River below. Also, you can see Jared and Aurora in the above picture. Esther and I were especially impressed with Jared because half of the way back he carried both Katelyn (piggyback) and Aurora (in the Baby Bjorn).




I swear I only gave them water to drink! Marin looks slightly inebriated...I did end up carrying her most of the way back. But other times she hiked really well, and would sometimes even run!
And of course some trail mix!

Ryan had us nervous the whole time - he kept wanting to get closer to the edge.

Lastly, this is how Katelyn dressed her two Sleeping Beauty princess dolls - both with Ariel's fin (side note: even though we have at least 2 Ariel fins, I cannot find an Ariel doll anywhere) but one has on either "goggles" or a sleeping mask...it is actually Ariel's top! I thought it was funny and creative of Kate to be so innovative!

3 comments:

Gemie said...

They are sooo cute! I love the inebriated look Marin was sporting. Kate is so cute with her pig tails and creatively dressed dolls. Ryan is an adorable dare devil (and he does have that little devilish smile--like he's up to something mischevious). I love the family pictures!!! I will use one for the picture of your family in the upcoming Christmas letter.

Camie said...

Alyssa, you must be the funnest mother EVER! You and the kids look so happy and I really wish we lived closer so that we could go on these adventures with you! The girls look so adorable and Ryan seems so grown up! I miss those precious kids!!

Joslin said...

Looks like fun. Your kids have grown up so much!