Monday, October 5, 2009

Trip to Boyd's Orchards

Boyd's Orchards is this great orchard/farm/pumpkin patch that also has a great kid's play area and petting zoo. We also picked a few (delicious!) apples...here are the pictures!

To start off with, Marin went down the HUGE slide by herself! She did great, and once she did it the first time, there was no stopping her...seriously, I think she could have done the slide all day. You have to click on the last picture to see how happy she is. There is also a video of Kate going down the slide and Marin climbing up the ramp at the bottom of this post.






Ryan and Kate racing down the slide. Ryan perfected the art of going as fast as you possibly could, making it to almost the end of the deceleration ramp a few times!



I took the picture of Ryan below first...then Kate wanted to copy.



I would not have included the above and below pictures except that RYAN took them! Good job Ryan!


Attempts at family picture...guess we will be attempting more soon!







Ryan coming down the slide:



They had a cool pirate ship play area this year...my kids of course loved it!






Ok, you try to get them to sit still AND look at the camera. It is impossible!




4 comments:

Ashley and Trent said...

Holy cow, your kids are getting so big! This is the time of year when I miss Lexington so much: there are so many fun things to do! Glad to see you and the kids are having fun! Hope you are doing well!

Gemie said...

How fun to open your blog and see three of the worlds most charming (top ten) grandchildren!!! Thanks for sharing them with us. I continue to be grateful that they have such a fun, wonderful mother! I am glad to see you as well with your beautiful trademark smile!

Jenae said...

Holy posting batman! Ok, I'm not sure where that came from, but anyway... What a fun place! And at the end of that video of the goat was Ryan telling you that he wanted a goat?

Alyssa said...

Jenae,

Yes, Ryan wants a goat...but don't worry, I told him that your place was zoned for farm animals and that you would have one waiting for him when we get there! Hooray! (ps- we'll just dress Rach and Marin up as goats if you can't get one - no one could tell the difference, right?)