Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thanksgiving Odds & Ends

This November. we were so happy to get a visit from Esther, Jared, and their daughter Aurora. It was really amazing for me - finally, someone who can compete with me in Ticket to Ride and Settlers!

Here they are, in true Edward's style, in front of the movie theatre (getting ready to watch Harry Potter, which yes, they loved).

We also went to the aquarium with them - it was my kids first time, and they loved it!

I know the flash stinks, but have to put up the picture of the anaconda for Ryan.
And the poison dart frog - Ryan is into anything venomous these days.
I took my two nieces as well - here they are in a canoe - notice Ryan is half wet from trying to pet the sting ray.
Ryan in the captain's chair of the ship - he looks really happy, I love getting those genuine smiles.

The kids looking at something or other. I kept this picture in because Kate's hair looks so good - Jenae did it.

These shots were too cute to pass on - Aurora is helping Esther cook.



Lastly, I had left Marin at a friend's house one afternoon while I was at work, and when I came to pick her up, this was how she had fallen asleep.
I didn't have my kids for Thanksgiving this year, but the visit by Jared and Esther was so well-timed, I still had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

PS - for additional details on their trip, you can visit their blog at: Edward's Thanksgiving. I will be honest, I am getting lazy and just want to finish out the year.

2 comments:

Gemie said...

Hi Esther, Jared and Aurora! It is fun to see you in the blog! What a fun time!

Esther said...

Those are cute pics of Aurora helping me cook...thanks for posting!