Monday, October 13, 2008

Entertainment Center Update

Progress on my (Zeke) Entertainment Center has been slow, but this last weekend I was able to devote most of Friday and Saturday to it, and I got some help from Alyssa. Here's the bottom section with the backing behind it. The backing has been painted black since this picture was taken.

I stained and finished the top section first.

I've only added one coat of stain and no coats of polyurethane to the bottom section. We brought them inside because of the fear of dew or rain messing up the wood. Here's what it will look like (sort of) when it's all assembled.

Now the ultimate test. . . can the girls stand in front and be able to touch the TV with their grubby little paws, or get their heads in the way. It looks like they won't be able to for a few years, at which point, hopefully we can reason with them better.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Zeke, that is just so cool that you can make that. I am way impressed.

Hannah said...

Zeke, I feel so silly for thinking Alyssa was building this! ;) ha ha, you are doing an amazing job! It looks GREAT!