Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Possessed States Map

So, the other day we woke up at 1:30 in the morning to Ryan yelling. Alyssa got up to see what it was, and when she went into the bedroom, he was mumbling something about "make it stop" and "Throw it away." Well, we have dealt with Ryan's inflexibility for 5 1/2 years so far, so she told him to wait until morning. He told her to make the State's map stop saying "North." Obviously, all of this was slurred, but she kind of understood what he was saying. At first she thought it was something next to the map he wanted to be thrown away. First of all, the Map is electronic and when you press on one of the states, it will say the name, the nickname, and the capital. Well, while she was standing there, the map started saying "North. . .North. . .N-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n North." She took it out of the room and put it in the livingroom, but it kept saying "North" over and over and over and over. Well, when I got up that next morning, I thought it was all a dream, until I saw the map on the back porch out in the cold. Here's a video of the machine in it's possessed state.


This whole event was really funny, and me telling the story just doesn't do it justice. We were all busting up the next day. Ryan said "I didn't like it saying 'North North N-n-n-n-n-North' at night, but in the morning it was funny. I felt so bad [sarcasm] for Ryan not getting the sleep he wanted or needed because something was keeping him up at night. Is it wrong to take evil pleasure in seeing your kids get woken up by a screaming toy???? I'm really trying, but having a hard time feeling bad for him.

Well, fast forward to last night. The first time it happened was on Saturday night, the 8th. Well, last night I was watching TV at 12:30 am and thought I heard someone talking, so I muted the TV, and heard it coming from Ryan's room. I went in there and this is what I found. He was out cold, but I had to stick the toy out in the shed because it wouldn't be quiet.


My brother and sister-in-law might be getting a certain States map for Christmas this year. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That is so funny. Seriously, I am laughing so hard.

Amy said...

thanks, but no thanks!!!

Jeff and Becky Diamond said...

I need an old priest and a young priest! At least the toy won't vomit pea soup.