Here's a knife straight from CSI. Hmmm, I wonder if this was the knife that cut Ryan. Maybe that blood on the blade might give us a clue.
Here's the picture of the injury. I made it small for those of you who don't like to see blood. The cut was probably about an inch long and right over the knuckle.
Here's the Jack-o-Lantern picture. He did a pretty good job. My only critique on his form is using a knife twice as big as the pumpkin to do the carving. . . oh, and using a sharp knife, too.
Well, three hours later Alyssa and Ryan returned home from the ER with a newly bandaged finger. He almost got stitches, but a little hysterical crying and hyperventilation convinced the doctors to just glue it together. Here's a picture of the ouchie all fixed up.
And here's the little trooper showing off his battle wound. Hopefully he learns from this. I still remember and am careful around razor blades ever since I was 10 or so and sliced my finger open.

5 comments:
Oh Ryan!! I am so sad for you!! This reminded me of a time I was at your house and your mother was cleaning something and sliced her finger. She was hysterical too and her cut wasn't as big as yours.
Poor little guy, I am glad that's all that happened that's one scary knife!
Oh man! That picture is nas-ty. Yuck.
I'm glad he is smiling again after the whole ordeal was over.
I bet he's already talking up the injury, and showing off the scar. I DID take advantage of the opportunity to make an example of Ryan for Rebekah, by showing her what happens when you DON'T LISTEN TO YOUR MOMMA!!!
Oh my gosh! The things kids do. I'm glad he's alright. But on the other hand, I'm very impressed with his Independence and desire to do things that are festive!
Post a Comment