
Volcanoes Written by Ryan

Volcanoes are in Hawaii. (I'm sure they're in other places, but to keep it simple for him we've only told him about Hawaii.)

Volcanoes have Lava.

Volcanoes have a hole at the top.

Volcanoes are hot. (Not too many children's books I can think of that have a picture of someone falling into lava and burning up. I wonder why...)

Volcanoes can knock down houses. (I like this book - lots of violence)

Volcanoes absolutely are not cool. (In case you were wondering.)

Lava is melted rock. (Ah yes, nothing like a handful of melted rock.)

Lava is hot. (I guess this is showing the fire coming out of the lava.)

There are lava waterfalls. (I guess so. Would it be called a lavafall?)

I like volcanoes far away. (There's the sensible Ryan who always hides his face and once in a while peeks his head out.)

Volcanoes are good to me when they are far away from me.

Volcanoes can run out of lava at night. (I bet they didn't teach that to any of you in school, did they? Especially our resident geologist and volcano expert, Tammy.)

There can be lava in a Cave of Wonders. (Reference to the movie "Aladdin.")

I want to see some. (Once again, send money to the "Get Ryan Cross the Ocean Fund")

Then the volcano began to tremble. (He drew the last page first and started writing the book. All in all I'd say it should be a best-seller. Perhaps it might even be used as a school text book.)

6 comments:
awesome, believe it or not he spells better than Thomas!
Ryan is such an artist...we're all impressed! I'm so jealous that you guys and Al and Karrie are all in the same ward--we miss all of you guys! What a small world. How much longer do you guys have and what are your plans when Zeke is done? We're applying for residency right now, so we'll know in March where we'll be. So fun to keep up with you guys!
Can I order an autographed copy?
Ah yes - my apprentice Ryan is learning quickly. I am preparing to submit his manuscript to the major Science publications as we speak. He's going to make me a fortune as my protege.
Why am I not surprised? I am going to miss his little stories for the next few months!!
and print... you should have no trouble getting to Hawaii with the royalties from it. I am still waiting for my portrait from Ryan.
Post a Comment