Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Gingerbread Houses...
So a few days ago we were decorating a gingerbread house. Needless to say, the adult-to-child ratio was not good (but for my kids, when is it ever good?) and I was getting frustrated with the icing and the kids a bit. Finally, at the end, I said, "ugh, that is it, we are not doing this next year." To which Ryan replied, "yes we are - you are just going to forget - next year is like 365 days away." And I have to say he is right! I just busted up laughing - he said it so matter-of-factly. Kudos to Ryan for making the mama laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Not only is next year 365 days away, but Ryan, Kate and Marin will each be 365 days older. Perhaps we can do the houses here in California which should improve adult/child ratio. I was tempted to buy a kit and invite the kids across the street over. I miss doing that tradition. You've talked me out of it for this year.
Awwww Alyssa, you should have told us and we would have joined in on the fun. One more adult and only two more kids would have made the ratio better . . . if only slightly.
Post a Comment