Saturday, December 5, 2009

RIP Nia

Our pet rat Nia died recently. She was a really good pet, especially to Ryan and Kate. Nia was very well loved. Kate and Ryan were both sad (as was I) but I was particularly surprised by Kate's reaction. She would just start crying at different intervals throughout the evening. Poor thing. I have to say, while I was sad Nia died, at least she did it right before our move to Utah. Rest in peace Nia, you were a good rat.

7 comments:

Allison said...

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that takes pictures of their crying kids.

Kristy said...

Oh, that is the saddest picture ever! I think I'm going to start crying now.

Amy said...

How sad! Thomas was like that when our first fish died. Whenever he thought of it, he would just start bawling! It was pretty sad, but I didn't take any pictures! I also enjoyed your other posts, I love the picture of Marin in the coonskin cap!

The Johnson's said...

I know you how all feel. I have had pet rats, which everyone thinks is gross, since I was a small child. maybe Kate's age. I think I have had a total of 6 or 7 and each time one died it was the saddest thing in the world. But eventually you get over it. Funny picture of her crying though!

Jenae said...

Too bad because she might have had some friends to play with at my house. Just kidding!!

Gemie said...

My condolences to you and the children on the loss of Nia. I love Jenae's comment. The other night, after you told me the sad news on Nia, I dreamed I had some mice living on top of the refrigerator in the garage. They lived there in harmony with the cutest little kitten. (Just my luck to have a cat who is kind to mice).

Jon and Becky said...

That's a dead rat.