Monday, December 7, 2009

My Dream is Starting to Come True...

So let me paint the picture. It is a cold winter night. The kids and I have just finished playing a board game, the dishes are done, and we are settling down for the night. All three kids and I grab our respective books and we read while sitting in front of the fire. Ahhh, bliss.

Last night, I got 1/3 of the way there. While I was reading to Ryan in bed, he asked if he could just read it to himself in his head. Occasionally, he had to ask me what a word was (impressive, validates, access, absentmindedly, etc. - it was a reading level 3-5 book) and then he would tell me the funny parts. I picked up my book and enjoyed some good reading time! It was so fun!

And today, as I was reading a book that Kate got from her Grandma the other day, she was able to read some of the words. Way to go Kate!

3 comments:

Gemie said...

Now all you have to do is teach Marin to read and you will really have it made. Remember to one Martin family reunion where we all had our own copy of the latest Harry Potter novel? We were all ignoring the kids while we read voraciously. I still feel guilt over that. I'm glad the grandkids are all readers so far as we can determine

Alyssa said...

Haha Mom! The only difference between you and I is that I felt no guilt whilst tearing through the last Harry Potter - and yes, I remember that family reunion. I remember fighting over the 5 copies that we had laying around the house. I remember Neil and I staying up until 3 am one night to finish it. Good times.

Jenae said...

ok, I love your dream, but it is funny because my dream is similar, but it doesn't include me reading- just my kids. Unless Stephanie myers prints her midnight son or whatever it was going to be called.