
Dear Family and Friends,
This year has been interesting, heartbreaking, and full of changes to say the least! Most of you know by now that Zeke and I separated the end of November last year and divorced in May of this year. At the end of this year, the kids and I are moving to Utah. I am very excited for the move - I am anxious to be near family again and to work and go to school.
I have been so grateful for the tremendous support that I have received from family, friends, and most especially the spiritual comfort I have received from living my standards and keeping my covenants to the best of my ability. My heart especially aches for my children, who I know wish they had parents that had stayed married. But as always, I know the atonement of Jesus Christ covers all hurts, injustices, and sadnesses, and I have great hope for the future, both for my children and myself.
Ryan started 1st grade this year (they put him in a 1st/2nd grade classroom, because he is pretty advanced in some areas, but right on class level in others). He still loves trains, but his latest obsessions have been tallest buildings, spiders (particularly black widows) and guns (yay!). He is pretty witty, and often makes me laugh!
Katelyn (the blonde) started preschool this year. She really likes school, and tells me about all her friends. She especially likes our next door neighbor, William, who is in her class. They ride the bus together - they look so tiny climbing up the bus steps and sitting in their seats. The afternoon bus driver keeps telling me that he is going to start charging me a hotel fee because Kate falls asleep almost every afternoon on the ride home. Kate is my little sensitive girl who is very in tune with her feelings and not afraid to express them. She is very loving.
Marin (the brunette) - ahh, Marin - what can I say about this year of terrible twos? She wasn't so bad, but I definitely noticed a more defiant change in her personality this year! She is now talking in whole sentences, but is sometimes hard to understand still. She has hearing aids and I think they have helped her tremendously. She is almost as tall as Katelyn and definitely weighs as much, if not more - which makes it interesting when we go places! People are always asking if they are twins, even though they look nothing alike! Marin is always ready to laugh though and the older two sort of dote on her.
I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Lots of love,
Alyssa, Ryan, Katelyn, and Marin
ps - this is me signing off for the year! I will be moving and packing the computer soon. I will email my contact information to everyone on Monday, Dec. 21st
ps 2 - I will obviously be changing my blog title - any suggestions? and thinking of going private, but I will let you know. Alyssa

8 comments:
The blog formerly known as Kentucky Christensen's?
What a wonderful final Kentucky Christensens Blog. I know the four of you have a bright future in Utah (or wherever life takes you). I think you should call the new blog: "Ryan, Katelyn, Marin and Mom." As for going private--what have you got to hide?
I wish you the best of luck with moving. I hope all goes well. I think the new blog name should be
"3 little monkeys"!!
Good luck with the move, I hope all goes well for you and have a wonderful Christmas you deserve it.
If you do go private send me a link jennysmith28@gmail.com
I have always appreciated your sweet friendship.
Private. There are spies everywhere.
i love following your blog, alyssa! merry christmas and happy new year :) be safe and good luck w/ the move...still wish you were coming home to dallas though! and i love the pic of you and the kids...adorable!!
You have such cute kids! Good luck with the move!
What a darling picture! Good luck in Utah -- I'm glad you'll be close to family.
We never did meet up in Louisville. . . darn it!
Private or not, put me on the invite list, please. :)
Post a Comment