
Kate with her Lego pet rat "Nia" (she did this completely on her own) - notice I ALMOST got a picture of her smiling (above).

Ryan decided to move out this week - these are the things he deemed of worth:
Lego train, train set (wooden), stuffed rat, pirate hat, skull, wooden mushroom, scriptures, shoes, change of clothes and jammies, clock, constellation globe.

Here is a picture of his new home, taken from inside his old.

Where did he choose to move? The playhouse in the backyard! It was so cute, because he really was planning life as if he was going to live there - I of course helped him pack. He did inform me he still "liked our house better, because it has a kitchen." Although his place has a formal dining room:

Although quite the leaky roof, I have to admit - this is a shot of his set-up through that leaky roof!

And through the front door. I don't think the square footage was quite what he had in mind - he later gave his green trunk the boot - it ended up outside right next to the house.

Happily, Ryan decided to move back home before nightfall, although I am sure he will always be glad he has another option!
What is this? An almost normal smiling picture of Kate! She dressed herself today completely, and this is what she came up with - quite the fashion forward chic, I must say!


Here she is in another outfit she dressed herself in - everything is on backwards. She looks even cuter from behind, kind of Cousin It-like, but I did not get a good picture.

7 comments:
Your kids are so funny! The inside of the playhouse is a little cramped, huh, Ryan??!!
Ryan is so funny, that is the cutest thing, I love his list of packed items, it must have been so hard not to laugh. This so made me smile, cute boy!
I'm glad Ryan decided he liked your house better after all, but how funny! And I love the almost smiling pictures of Kate. :)
When I was Ryan's age I would run away from home. Mama would call Grandma and tell her to call back if I didn't arrive within the next few minutes. All I would take is my clothing. I remember getting up to the Highway with all my dresses on their hangers and there was a police officer at the top of our lane. Mama had told me that they only let you run away three times before they take you away and give you to another family. I thought I might need all three more times, so I turned around and went back home, hung my clothing back in the closet and that was that. I still don't know if the cop was there to watch me cross the highway or not. Many of the policemen were relatives. I don't remember running away after that. I do remember my cousin Butch running away to our home. He had all his earthly possessions in a bandana tied to a stick. That was how the tramps who traveled through our remote area did. There were no back packs back then. Sorry this is so long. I do have my own blog. I just wish I lived across the street and Ryan could run away to his Grandmas. It's hard being the only boy with two little sisters who terrorize your room. Ryan's Grandma Gemie
Sorry to leave another comment. Kate is as cleaver and talented as she is cute. She has also learned that if you only half smile, people wonder what is going on in your mind. Mona Lisa, Mona Lisa, etc.
It reminds me of when Sarah used to wear her underwear on her head. Very fashionable. We miss you guys and think of you often.
Post a Comment