Saturday, April 4, 2009

Trip to Cincinnati...


Union Terminal in Cincinnati is an old train station that they have converted into several museums, including a children's museum that we get a free pass to because of our membership to the one here in Lexington. So we drove up on April 1st (about a 1.5 hour drive) to Cincy and explored the place! Here is a picture of the main rotunda - it was huge! Here are the kids playing in the sand - oh how we love sand!



Note the sand on Marin's face...
And of course the water area! Marin's feet were of course soaked by the end.


There were tile mosaics that were huge around the rotunda, which I got to look at as the kids ate lunch.



I had to take this picture without looking, hence the odd angle. Even Ryan fell asleep eventually, but only after we drove around behind the museum and found "train city" and even raced a CSX train that was on a track right next to the road (we won).

9 comments:

Amy said...

looks like fun was had by all! I have a friend that is moving to kentucky in a few weeks. I don't know how close you are to where she will be, but, anyway whatever!

Jerry & Gemie said...

You have my admiration for being so brave as to take three small children on a road trip! I know they had such fun! I also love the birthday pictures! We missed a great birthday party! What a fun mom the Christensen kids have! Love,Mom

Jerry & Gemie said...

I vote that Kate gets to keep her hair long. Anonymous

mitzi fitz said...

When did Marin's hair get so long? It's gorgeous. Love the pics especially all the sleeping kids. Looks like fun.

Alyssa said...

So while we were at the Museum, there was another little girl there - she had a few little (short) tufts of hair in the back that were curly - and I asked her mom how old she was - 2! I actually felt guilty telling her that Marin, with her absurd amount of hair, was also only 2! Mom, I trimmed Kate's hair, it was getting ridiculous, plus the side that she pulled all her hair out of needs the catch up - but don't worry, it is still "long" - I tell her it is more like Cinderella's length now than Sleeping Beauty's.

Jenae said...

Ok, first I must laugh at mom's "anonymous" comment because it wasn't anonymous. That looked like soooo much fun, and it brought back so many memories of our excursion to the museum, and the train ride there. Hahhahhaa. AND I know I didn't comment on your earlier posts yet, but I did read them, and Brett read them too, so harass him. I will be posting soon on Rachel's cake and party and you will know why I have been so busy I have yet to comment. Maybe I will just comment on your facebook...

Emily said...

We took JC to the children's museum at the Gateway a few months ago. It was fun! I saw Cheryl at the UDA conference this past week and are you surprised she didn't remember who I was? DId you know she is working on her master's with Dr. Fullmer?

Anonymous said...

HA! I love that passed out picture on the way home. That is my favorite.

Jenae said...

I believe you promised another post?? Still waiting. Just kidding. BTY, when did Marin's hair get so long?